Thursday, December 27, 2012

Help!!!!

Need ideas (desperately)! Please tell me what kind of writing you like to read and I'll take a shot at it!!!!!

In the meantime, here is something. Some people think that I'm boring, so this may be, too, but It is kind of a way to empty out ideas!


They say that the opposite of love is hate. I object. The opposite of love is nothing. Nothing opposes everything.

 

They say that the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I object. Water and man both oppose drought; yet man is drowned by water. Water fears dams built by man.

 

So love and hate are not easily compatible. But they are not opposite.

 

Indifference is the opposite of love. Indifference is the lack of feeling. Therefore it opposes love. Because love is a feeling. And so now we know that there are three choices you could make when you meet a person: to love; to hate; to feel indifferent.

 

Hate is bad. It is not as bad as indifference, but It is bad. So we must not hate.

 

Indifference opposes love and if we know that love is good then we know that indifference is bad.

 

So we must love. That is the only other option. And then we, along with God will have a chance to put our broken world back together.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Not at all boring.

    Omika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. This may be an awful connection, but in the Bible, it says that God would rather you either be firmly for or against him, rather than have your faith be lukewarm. If being for God is being for love, I would say that being against him is being for hate. Which would make a lukewarm faith comparable to indifference, the worst of all. If you love, it is good. If you hate it is bad, but at least you care enough that you could eventually change. If you are indifferent, you will never care enough to even think about it, and so will never even think about loving. I am not sure if this makes sense the way I wrote it... oh well, I tried.

    ReplyDelete