Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another poem. Hooray (spelling?).

Hello. Again. I have been (not very) busy, and have discovered how much I actually enjoy writing poetry. I have two poems here, and please, tell me if you are sick of rhymes. I will have no problem with that.

A less serious one, called "The Cranky Teenager". Maybe you will find her differently, but she seems pretty worked up to me.


Her hand is strong, her aim is true,

Her fighting years are ten and two.

Her heart is kind, her will is firm

And all the praise she got was earned.

And yet, if not for youthful age

Then she'd be free from nursery cage.

So why is it that her regime

Will not allow their lawful queen

To step upon the empty throne

And be her kingdom's heir -- alone?

Without the old and quarreling men

To tell her of the laws again.

Why not simply can they see

That she's the queen there's meant to be?
 
 
Okay, now for a little backstory about the next one. I was working on a card for a contest that was going to be conated to a hospital. My friend and I agreed to work together, and I wrote a poem with her to go on it:
 
THIS IS HOPE
 

Happiness, when tears are often

cheerfulness when gloom is near

Openness to love that softens

hearts, and razes bitter fears

Persisting through the tougher times

and sticking with the faith of love

Eagerness for cloudless shine.

Rainy days will come to pass.

Sun will shine on dewy grass

 

This is what we now tell of.
 
 
Thanks, and hope that you like them. Happy Easter, if I don't write between then and now. You probably will see more posts, though. I am in a poet's mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment